Tuesday, August 22, 2023

PURITY OF MIND...

Once upon a time, husband wife and daughter-in-law son means four living beings lived in a family. Time was passing smoothly.
Read further
After a few years, mother-in-law made up her mind to bathe in the Ganges. That too husband and wife alone. Did not make up his mind to take daughter-in-law and son along with him.
On the other hand, the daughter-in-law thinks in her mind that what sin have I committed in God that I am being deprived of bathing in the Ganges.
When the mother-in-law and father-in-law started preparing to leave for Kashi for Ganga bath, the daughter-in-law said to the mother-in-law that you will have a good Ganga bath and journey.
Don't worry about the house here. My inauspicious deeds are rising now, otherwise I would have gone with you too.
After making all the preparations, both of them left for Kashi. The daughter-in-law was cursing her deeds in her mind, that if I had done good deeds today, I too would have gone to bathe in the Ganges. Kher stayed at home keeping her mind calm.
On the other side, when mother-in-law was taking bath in Gangaji. While taking bath, I noticed the cupboard kept in the house and started thinking in my mind that I have left the cupboard open, what a stupid woman I am, did not come after closing it.
The daughter-in-law will take out all the jewelery from behind. While thinking this, she was taking bath that suddenly the ring worn in her hand came out of her hand and fell into the Ganges.
Now the worry has increased that my ring has fallen. His attention was not in bathing in the Ganges but only in the wardrobe of the house.
On the other hand, the daughter-in-law thought that if I had auspicious deeds, then I too would have lived in the Ganges. Mother-in-law is so virtuous that she is taking bath in the Ganges today.
While thinking this, she brought a pot and filled it with water, and started thinking that mother-in-law is taking a bath in the Ganges there and I should take a bath in the Ganges here in a pot.
Thinking this, as soon as she sat in the chair, she found the ring of mother-in-law's hand and started thinking how did this ring come here, mother-in-law had worn it.
After doing all this, he kept that ring safe in his cupboard and said that he will give it to his mother-in-law when she comes.
There the mother-in-law returned after the whole journey and bathing in the Ganges, then the daughter-in-law asked about her successful journey and bathing in the Ganges.
So the mother-in-law said that the daughter-in-law did the whole journey and bathed in the Ganges but did not feel like it.
The daughter-in-law said why mother? I had sent you saying that don't worry here, I will take care of myself.
Mother-in-law said that while daughter-in-law was taking bath in Ganga, first my attention went towards the almirah kept in the house and as soon as she was taking bath, the ring came out of my hand and fell into Gangaji. Now you tell me how you feel in the rest of the journey.
She was telling so much that the daughter-in-law got up and took out that ring from her cupboard and kept it in the hand of mother-in-law and asked whether mother is talking about this ring?
Mother-in-law said, yes! From where did it come to you, I went wearing it. And it came out of my finger and fell in Gangaji.
The daughter-in-law replied that when mother was taking a bath in the Ganges, it came to my mind that look how virtuous the mother is that she went to bathe in the Ganges today.
What kind of inauspicious deed of mine was coming in the way that I could not go. After thinking all this, I thought that why should I pour water in the pot right here and take a bath in the Ganges considering it to be the Ganges.
As I did this and started bathing in the well, this ring came in my hand. I saw it is yours and how did it come here.
You went wearing this. Nevertheless, without thinking much further, I kept it safely in my cupboard.
The mother-in-law said to the daughter-in-law, daughter-in-law, I will tell you how it came into your wallet.
The daughter-in-law said, mother how?
The mother-in-law told, look at the daughter-in-law, "If the mind is healed then the Ganga in the pot". My mind was not healed there. I definitely went there but my attention was stuck in the almirah of the house. And I was thinking in my mind that I have left the almirah open, in case the daughter-in-law has taken out all my ornaments from the almirah.
So tell me, when such bad thoughts come to mind, from where does the mind come and the ring which fell out of my hand, because of your pure feelings, came out in your bracelet.
The essence of this story is that purity is very important in life. At present the mind of every living being is impure, the mind of every person is impure.
Disorders like lust, anger, attachment, greed dominate the mind and consciousness in such a way that we are not able to understand them. Due to that deformity, our life is becoming very difficult.
We do not like the dirt outside, it is visible, immediately we start trying to remove it. We don't pay attention to the filth that is filled inside us.
The purity that is to be talked about today, that purity is not related to the outside, it is related to the inner purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HONESTY

A boy named Nandu lived with his poor parents in a small village. One day in the same village, two brothers were returning to their vill...