Thursday, August 24, 2023

FATHER WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME

"Aji, do you listen? Will you go and give Tiffin to Rahul in the company?"
"Why didn't Rahul take the tiffin today?" Sharad Rao asked.
Today the chairman of Rahul's company is coming, that's why Rahul left at 7 in the morning and the food could not be prepared in the morning." "Okay. I'll give it." Sharad Rao kept the paper in his hand and went to the room to change his clothes. Pushpabai heaved a sigh of relief.
Sharad Rao got ready means he had not heard the dispute between him and Rahul.
How about the controversy? As always Rahul blaming his father and Pushpabai speaking in favor of her husband.
Same topic! What did our father do for us? What has my father done for me?
"Mother! My friend's father was also a teacher, but look what a big bungalow he has built. Otherwise, this is our father. We are still living in a rented house."
“Rahul, you know that your father is the elder in the house. Kacheri was also engaged. Who took all these responsibilities?" "What's the use of that? His brothers and sisters live in bungalows. Did they ever think that the brother who suffered so much for us did not even build a small house, so we should build him a house and give it to him?" Pushpabai's eyes filled with tears for a moment. Is asking "what did the father do for me"?
Then she said.... "Your father did his duty. He never kept any hope from his brothers and sisters." Had they taken it, today they would have been playing with money. Look at the people of today's classes. They roam around in imported vehicles." You are telling the truth. But, your father's principle was not to take money for the donation of knowledge. It was because of these principles that he became so famous. And how many more prizes would you get? You are his imagination." On hearing this, Rahul got very angry. "Why do you want to lick those prizes? With those rewards, the house will continue to be built a little. While lying down eating dust. No one asks them." Meanwhile, a knock was heard at the door. When Rahul opened the door, Sharad Rao was standing there. Father didn't hear him speak. Rahul's face dropped in fear. But, Sharad Rao went inside without saying anything. And that debate ended there.
This was Pushpabai and Rahul's fight yesterday, but today....
Sharad Rao stuck the tiffin cycle and left for Rahul's company in the industrial area in the hot sun.
He was out of breath by the time he reached the company, 7 kilometers away. The security guard stopped them at the gate of the company.
"I want to give Mr. Rahul Patil's tiffin. Shall I go inside?"
"Not yet, sir has come." The guard spoke. "The chairman has come. The meeting is going on with him. Any moment he can finish the meeting. You stay on the side. The chairman should not see you." Sharad Rao stood at a distance in the sun. There was no shade anywhere around. Talking for a while, an hour passed. Pain started rising in his feet. That's why Sharad Rao started sitting there on a hot stone, only then the sound of the gate came. The meeting might have ended. Many officers followed the chairman and Rahul also came out with him. When he saw his father standing there, he got angry inside. When the chairman was about to sit after opening the car door, his eyes went towards Sharad Rao. He kept standing outside without sitting in the car. "Who is he standing in front of?" He asked the security guard.
"He is the father of our Rahul sir. Have brought tiffin for him to eat." The guard said in a trembling voice. "Call them." What was not supposed to happen happened.
Streams of sweat started flowing from Rahul's body. His mind seemed to be numb with anger and fear. Sharad Rao came near when the guard called. The chairman went ahead and went near him. "You are Patil sir, aren't you? You were a teacher at D.N. High School." Yes. how do you recognize me "Before understanding anything, the chairman touched Sharadrao's feet. All the officials and Rahul were surprised to see that scene."Sir, I am Atish Agarwal. Your student You used to come to teach me at home. "Yes.. yes.. remembered. Father, you have become a very big person..." The chairman laughed. Then said, "Sir, what are you doing here in the sun. Let's go inside. I want to talk to you a lot. Why didn't you make the security sit inside?" The guard bowed his head in shame. Seeing that, Sharad Rao said - "It is not his fault. Your meeting was going on. Your student You used to come to teach me at home. "Yes.. yes.. remembered. Father, you have become a very big person..." The chairman laughed. Then said, "Sir, what are you doing here in the sun. Let's go inside. I want to talk to you a lot. Why didn't you make the security sit inside?" The guard bowed his head in shame. Seeing that, Sharad Rao said - "It is not his fault. Your meeting was going on. "You wouldn't know, Pawar Sir.." Looking at the General Manager, he said, "Had Patil Sir not been there, this company would not have existed today and I would have been managing my father's grain shop." Rahul and G. M. Both kept looking at him with surprise.
"I was a very submissive student during my school days. Somehow I made it up to Class IX. I was admitted to the best classes in the city. But I never concentrated on my studies. On top of that, the son of a rich father. School all day I used to have fun and fight. Watching movies after bunking off evening classes was my pastime. Mother could not tolerate that. At that time Patil Sir was famous as a strict disciplinarian and an excellent teacher. Mother requested him to teach me. But there was no place to sit in Sir's small house. That's why Sir showed his inability to teach. Mother requested him a lot. And came to our house and asked for fees for teaching. Sir refused for the fees. But after many requests, he agreed to come home and teach. Sir came on the first day. As usual I started being mischievous. Sir thrashed me thoroughly. The effect of that beating was such that I started sitting quietly. I tell you Rahul, in the first week itself I developed an interest in studies. After that nothing was suggested to me except studies. Sir used to teach so well, subjects like English, maths, science which I used to find difficult now seemed easy. Sir never used to come, so I used to get worried. I came second in class IX. Mother and father were very happy. I was like flying in the air. In 10th I dropped all the classes and started studying only from Patil Sir. And I surprised everyone by coming in merit in 10th." My goodness..! But sir, still you didn't pay the fees to sir? "The general manager asked. "I took the trees to Sir's house with my parents. Father gave Sir a check of one lakh rupees. Sir did not accept it. I still remember what Sir said at that time.
Sir said - "I didn't do anything. Your son is intelligent. I only showed him the way. And I don't sell knowledge. I give that charity. Later I came again merit in twelfth under Sir's guidance. After After doing BE in America, I went to America and did MS.And started this company in my own city.Sir carved a stone and made it into a diamond.And not only me,Sir has made innumerable such diamonds. I salute you sir..!! The chairman wiped the tears that came from his eyes with a handkerchief. "But this thing is wonderful that despite the huge market of education and knowledge outside, Sir taught thousands of students without taking even a single rupee, not only taught them but also instilled interest in them to study. Wow sir, I agree with you. and your ideal. Looking at Sharad Rao, Mr. M said. "Oh sir! This person is principled. He is not hungry for money and respect. The only aim was the welfare of the student." The chairman spoke. "My father is also one of them. He will starve for a time, but he will not sell food after adulteration." These were his principles. Followed him throughout his life. Did business honestly. My brothers are benefiting from it today." No one said anything for a long time.
Then the chairman asked Sharad Rao, "Sir, have you changed the house or are you living in the same house?"
"Live in the same old house sir!"
Instead of Sharadrao, Rahul replied. In that answer, the chairman was able to understand the hidden displeasure towards father.
Sir, today I am giving you Guru Dakshina. I have taken some flats in this city. I am giving one 3 BHK house in your name.
"What.?"
Both Sharad Rao and Rahul speak in a surprised tone. "No no, I don't want such a huge Guru Dakshina." Sharad Rao spoke insistently.
The chairman took Sharadrao's hand in his. "Sir, please....don't say no and I'm sorry. It's already too late to give your Guru Dakshina because of the abundance of work."
Then looking at Rahul, he asked, Rahul, are you married?
"No sir, she is frozen. And marriage cannot take place until she finds a good house to live in. My father-in-law has not fixed the date of marriage yet because of the condition laid by him. Then he has not even booked the hall. "
The chairman picked up the phone and started talking to someone. Keeping the phone from the solution factor's face, he said softly, "Now there is nothing to worry about.
Your marriage garden work is done. You must know about Sagar Lance!"
"Sir, they are very expensive..."
"Hey where do you have to pay the money. All the students of Sir can do anything for Sir. Sir just has to give a voice.
But Sir is principled, will not do that either. The owner of this lance is also a student of Sir. I just told him. Not only the hall, but she has also taken the responsibility of taking care of the entire wedding expenses including food... that too voluntarily. You just tell the date and take the goods. "Thank you very much sir."
Rahul said with folded hands very happily. "Thank you, not me, give Rahul to your father! This is his virtue. And give me a promise Rahul! Till the last breath of your head, you will not separate him and will not let him suffer any pain.
Whenever I come to know that you are giving them pain, I will not only kick you out of this company but will not leave you eligible for employment anywhere in Maharashtra. I will make such arrangements." The chairman spoke in harsh words.
"No sir. I promise, nothing like that will happen." Rahul spoke with folded hands.
When Rahul came home in the evening, Sharad Rao was reading a book. Pushpabai was chopping vegetables nearby.
Rahul kept the bag and holding Sharad Rao's feet said, "Papa, I made a mistake. I kept misunderstanding you till today. I didn't know, Papa, you have such a big personality."
Sharad Rao picked it up and hugged it to his chest. Pushpabai could not understand why her son is crying. But something good has happened. That's why love is overflowing between father and son. Seeing this, a few drops rolled down from his eyes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HONESTY

A boy named Nandu lived with his poor parents in a small village. One day in the same village, two brothers were returning to their vill...