Friday, October 27, 2023

THANK YOU BROTHER

As soon as I got down from the tempo at Kidwai Nagar intersection and moved ahead, three or four rickshaw pullers moved towards me and said, "Come Babu, K-Block."
The same morning and evening riders and the same rickshaw pullers at the intersection. Everyone starts recognizing each other's faces. The rickshaws on which I used to reach home in the evening were only three or four. By nature, I select my shops, rides or friends, trust them and do not change them frequently.
I sat on a rickshaw. Today in the office the director had expressed his displeasure at me without any reason, so my mind was distracted and my heart was heavy. I could not know when the rickshaw turned from the main road and when it stopped in front of my house.
"Come, Babuji, your home has arrived." I became alert after hearing the voice of the rickshaw puller. Finding the rickshaw parked in front of the gate, I got down, took out money from my pocket, gave it to the rickshaw puller and turned and moved towards home.
"Babu ji"
Hearing the rickshaw puller's voice, I turned and looked at him questioningly and said, "Did I pay less?"
"No Babuji"
"Then what's the matter? Are you thirsty?"
"No Babuji"
"So brother, tell me, what's the matter?"
"Babuji, has anything happened in the office?"
"Yes... but how did you know!" I asked in surprise.
"Babuji, today you did not talk to me while sitting in the rickshaw. You did not ask anything about my family. You remained silent the whole way."
"Yes, brother, today there is some unrest in my mind, that's why I remained silent. But I gave you the money in full!"
"Babuji, I gave you the money but..."
"But what else...?"
"Babu ji, you did not thank me today.. Babu ji, where do we get respect in the life of rickshaw pullers. People do not even pay the fare. Some even beat us. You are the only one who starts talking to us as soon as we sit in the rickshaw. They ask about your well being, about family, about children's education etc. , Babuji, it feels good when someone becomes your own. On top of all this, you not only pay the fare in full, you give us cold water to drink after coming home and also thank the people. We talk about you at the intersection as “Thank you Babuji”… but today…”
His voice was wet.
I took off my bag and kept it near the gate. She placed her hand on his shoulder and said softly, "Brother, please forgive me. Everything went wrong due to my heavy heart. I sincerely thank you for dropping me to my house. Thank you brother."
He smiled and applied pressure on the pedals and moved forward.
Always be happy.
Thank you brother

No comments:

Post a Comment

HONESTY

A boy named Nandu lived with his poor parents in a small village. One day in the same village, two brothers were returning to their vill...