Friday, October 13, 2023

AMAZING GIFT

When I reached my in-laws' house after five days of holidays, my husband was standing in front of the house to welcome me. When we entered inside, there was a gleaming Swift Dezire car parked in the small garage.
When I asked my husband a question with my eyes, he handed me the keys of the car and said: - "From tomorrow you will go to college in this car, Professor Sahiba!"
"Oh my God!!'' I was so happy that nothing else came out of my mouth. Just in excitement and emotion, I gave a big hug to Tehsildar Saheb and clung to him like a mistletoe.
His way of giving gifts is also strange. Everything quietly and suddenly!! Own an old Indigo and bought more expensive ones for me.
This man gave so many gifts in his 6 years of married life. If I count, I get tired. He is honest and does not take bribes.
But they are so spendthrifts that they buy gifts with borrowed money.
After a long hug, I separated and started inspecting the car. It was my favorite color. She was very beautiful.
Then my eyes went to the place where my scooter used to park. Stubbornly! That place was empty.
“Where is the scooter?” I shouted and asked. “I sold it, what to do with it now? There is not even that much space in the parking lot.”
"You sold it without asking me?" "It was only a scooter; an old one. Why are you angry?" When he said in an emotionless voice, I screamed: - "It was not a scooter. It was my life. My heartbeats resided in it. It was the only sign of my father. Near.
I respect your gift but not without that scooter. I don't want your car. You sold my most precious thing. That too without asking me.'" I cried.
Hearing the noise, my mother-in-law came out. When he touched my head I started crying even more. “Don't cry son, I already told you this.
Ask your daughter-in-law once. But the son has grown up. Tehsildar!! Where will he listen to his mother? But don't cry. And why are you standing here looking at the scooter again?"
Tehsildar Saheb came to me with his head bowed. Had never seen me crying before. Love that is limitless. Said in a pleading voice:- Sorry friend! How did I know that Scooty is so close to your heart. I have sold the scrap for only seven thousand rupees.
Of what use was that little money to me? You just sold the car and what will you do with it after getting it? I wanted to give you happiness, not tears. I will go and get it right now. “Then he left.
I came and sat in my room. Inert c. What was the husband's fault also? Yes, once or twice he had said to sell it and buy a new one. I also laughed and said that no, this is fine.
But suddenly I became very emotional after not seeing the scooty. How can it not happen? That scooty was not my father's "status".
When I was in college, a girl studying with me came to college with a new scooter. All her friends were congratulating her.
Then I asked him: - "How much is it? The answer he gave with all his might took my life away: -" How much is it? This is beyond the limits of you and your father."
Suddenly there was no feeling in my legs. All the girls had left from there. But I remained sitting there. No one had seen the pain in my heart. I had never realized that they all considered me to be "poor" unlike them. But that day I felt that I was not among them.
Even when she came home, she could not hide her sadness. She hugged her mother and cried. When I told my mother, she just said, "Don't pay too much attention to mean girls! Concentrate on your studies!"
When father came home at night, I also asked him: - "Papa, are we poor?"
Then father said while stroking his head, “We are not poor, daughter, we are just having a little poor time.”
Then even the next day I did not go to college. Don't know why I didn't feel like it. Papa came home early in the evening. And what they brought was such a great happiness for me that it cannot be expressed in words. A lovely scooter. Butterfly C. Like a golden bird.
No, she was like a white angel. The flight of my dreams. She was my life. To be honest, I could not sleep that night. I don't remember how many times I thanked my father. Where did the scooter come from?
I couldn't even think with great happiness where the money came from. Then my training continued for two days. Knew how to ride a bicycle. Also learned to drive a scooter.
Reached college after five days. With his father's "status". like a princess. As if you have just got down from the golden chariot. To be honest, that day was the happiest day in my life. Everyone came to know how much my father loves me.
But after a few days, a friend told that she was sitting on Papa's cycle rickshaw. Then I said no friend, you are sitting on someone else's cycle rickshaw. My father has his own tempo.
But inside my mind was tingling. Did Papa sell the tempo for my scooter? And it's been over six months. I was not even allowed to know. When father came home in the evening, I looked at him angrily.
Today, after so many days, when I had some free time, I realized that I had become thin. Otherwise there was no time to look carefully. They used to come at night and leave in the morning. The tempos also used to be parked far away at a friend's house.
How to know it has been sold. I ran and hugged him!:-"Papa, why did you do this?" That's all that came out of my mouth. The cry that had come.
"You are my pride daughter, if I see tears in your eyes then what kind of father am I? Don't worry, I haven't sold it. I kept it as a mortgage. I will get it back this month."
"You are the best father in the world. Even the best of the best. Where was the need to prove it? When did I ask for a scooty? Why did you do this? You carried passengers on your feet for six months. Oh father, how much trouble did you endure for me?
I couldn't understand anything, you idiot." And I started crying loudly. Then we all started crying. My two younger brothers. My mother too.
I don't know how long I kept crying. That scooty was not for me. Mine was a flying cradle watered with my father's blood. And sold it to some junkman. There will definitely be sorrow.
Suddenly my trance broke. A familiar voice reached my ears. Quickly, quickly, my husband Dev i.e. Tehsildar Saheb was driving my flying cart. And he looked like a complete idiot while driving. But a lovely idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HONESTY

A boy named Nandu lived with his poor parents in a small village. One day in the same village, two brothers were returning to their vill...