Monday, June 26, 2023

Self-Knowledge

Once a person came to Swami Vivekananda's ashram who looked very sad. As soon as that person came, he fell at the feet of Swami ji and said that Maharaj I am very sad with my life, I work very hard in my daily life, I work very diligently but never got success.
Why has God given me such a fortune that despite being educated and hardworking, I have never been able to succeed. Swami ji understood the problem of that person in a moment.
In those days Swami ji had a small pet dog, he said to that person – you take my dog for a walk at some distance, then I will answer your question. The man looked at Swami ji with great surprise and then went some distance with the dog.
After a long walk, when the person returned to Swami ji, Swami ji saw that the person's face was still shining while the dog was panting and looked very tired.
Swami ji said to the person – how did this dog get so tired While you are still looking clean and tired, the person said that I was walking straight on my way but this dog was running after all the dogs in the street and used to fight and then come back to me.
We both have covered the same path but still this dog has run more than me that's why it is tired.
Swami ji smiled and said- This is the answer to all your questions, your destination is just around you, it is not far away, but instead of going to the destination, you keep running after other people and keep moving away from your destination. ...
Education~ When self-knowledge is attained, all fears arising from the perception of differences begin to dispel and one becomes capable of transcending the miseries of this world. This is the state of experience of a Brahmagyani and the basis of true devotion...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HONESTY

A boy named Nandu lived with his poor parents in a small village. One day in the same village, two brothers were returning to their vill...